The total cost for this project is less than $50. The parts you’ll need are:
- 1x Musicians Gear Standard Speaker Stand @ $29.99
- Radio Shack 5-foot Antenna Mast @ $14
- Remove the inner steel tube from the speaker stand and flip it over so that the open end is facing up and the capped end is facing down.
- Orient the antenna mast so that the narrower section is facing up and the wider section is facing down.
- Push the antenna mast into the open end of the steel tube until you feel the mast hit the end cap on the steel tube
- Place the joined mast and tube, cap end first, into the speaker stand.
Done. You’ve now got a portable collapsable emergency antenna tripod.